The Edmund Blacket Chapel
A rich, dignified history
The Chapel blends a rich and dignified history with state-of-the-art facilities.
The Chapel originates from 1863, one of the oldest surviving buildings in Rouse Hill. Renowned architect Edmund Thomas Blackett, famed for his University of Sydney and St. Andrew’s Cathedral designs, designed the chancel and south vestry to the church.
Local dignitaries, such as Hannah Rouse of Rouse Hill, contributed in fitting out the church. The first registered christening held at the Chapel for baby Emma Maria Staff took place on 26th January 1863.
Recently restored and refreshed in calm and neutral tones, our chapel offers a serene and welcoming backdrop for varying styles of service and celebration.